What is Inside Out?
Based at St. Peter’s in the City, Derby, the Inside Out community reaches out to prison leavers and others who would benefit from support . Our aim is to empower participants to make healthier life choices, develop self-worth, find purpose and meaning, and contribute more productively to society. Each participant will have a mentor to support them with accommodation needs, to help them access work and education and volunteer work placements, and to seek and sustain employment. Inside Out have also partnered with Faith Hope & Enterprise Housing to offer some participants accommodation.
How does Inside Out work?
Before joining us participants will:
- Have their application agreed with their referring agency
- Meet with their mentor
- Discuss and sign the Inside Out agreement
During their time with Inside Out they will:
- Regularly meet with their mentor
- Participate in the Inside Out Community events and activities
- Undertake work, volunteer, and education placements, as appropriate
How to get involved
There are a number of ways to be involved:
- Get in touch to make a referral
- Apply to be a mentor
- Offer a work or Voluntary placement
- Volunteer for Inside Out by offering skills in Administration, Fundraising or helping with Community events
- Support the project financially
- Invite a project worker to talk to you about the project
Download our general poster here
Download our referral form here
Download our poster for prison leavers here
To donate to Inside Out follow this link to our Just Giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Inside-Out-Derby
To find out more, please get in touch!
Use the form to contact us or email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with:
- Diocese of Derby
- Derby Management School
- Prison Chaplaincies
- Resettlement Teams
- Derby Homes