BAPTISMS & WEDDINGS
Are you interested in being baptised, or having a child baptised? If so, please get in touch with Hilary on the form below to find out more – or come along and meet us on a Sunday morning!
If you are planning to get married and have some connection with St. Peter’s, then you can apply to be married in the church.
A person has a Qualifying Connection with a parish if that person:
- was baptised in the parish. (This does not apply where the baptism formed part of a combined service of baptism or confirmation)
- had his or her confirmation entered in a church register book of a church or chapel in the parish
- has at any time had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- has at any time habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months
- if a Parent of that person has at any time during that person’s lifetime has had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- has habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months
- has a Parent or Grandparent who was married in the parish.
The Church of England has a useful website with lots of detail about getting married in church. To discuss this further at St. Peter’s please contact the church office on the form below.